Sunday, June 2, 2013

READ AWAY, TRANS* BOOKS. SO MUCH INFORMATION SO LITTLE TIME.

So many books for transgender, whether it be F.T.M or M.T.F..
 I  took some time and did some research, I found out there are more books out there than any of us probably realize for our situation. I personally have  nine books so far and plan on buying many more.  I am going to give a long list at the end of this short entry of books I found just on one website, and  that website is http://www.giovannisroom.com/transgender . This store is located in the heart of the gayborhood in Philadelphia, PA. If you are ever down that way you should check it out, they have more than just books, they have everything you can think of pretty much. Their address is 345 south 12th street  Philadelphia Pa 19107. I did a small vlog on the books that I do have and thought it would be good to share it here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln47egZr-jc

So here is the list of books I have first.

My gender workbook by Kate Bornstein
Trans Liberation: Beyond pink or blue by Leslie Feinberg
Nina here nor there: My journey beyond Gender by Nick Krieger
Trans Gender Warriors:Making history from Joan of Arc to Dennis Rodman by Leslie Feinberg
Get That Freak: Homophobia and Transphobia in High Schools. by Rebecca Haskell and Brian Burtch
Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg
Crybaby Butch by Judith Frank
Transition: The Story of How I Became a Man by Chaz Bono

Books that I am planning on purchasing in the near future are....

Gender Outlaw by Kate Bornstein
The Testosterone files by Max Wolf Valerio
Gender Outlaws:The Next Generation by Kate Bornstein
The Gender Frontier by Mariette Pathy Allen
Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green
The Phallus Palace: FTM Transsexuals by Dean Kotula
Transmen and FTMs by Jason Cromwell
Letters For My Brothers by Megan Rohrer and Zander Keig
Hung Jury: Testimonies of Genital Surgery by Transsexual Men by Trystan Theosophus Cotten
Just add Hormones by Matt Kailey
The Bearded Gentleman by Allan Peterkin and Nick Burns
Strength Training Anatomy by Frederic Delavier
Transgender History by Susan Stryker
How Sex Changed by Joanne J Meyerowitz
From Female to Male:The Life of Jack Bee Garland by Lou Sullivan
My New Gender Workbook: A Step by Step Guide to Achieving World Peace Through Gender Anarchy and Sex Positivitey by Kate Bornstein
Stuck In The Middle With You: A Memoir of Parenting in Three Genders by Jennifer Finney and Anna Quindlen
Becoming Alec by Darwin Ward
Second Son: Transitioning Toward my Destiny, Love and Life by Ryan Sallans
Transgender 101: A simple guide to a complex issue by Nicholas M. Teich, and Jamison Green
Transition:Becoming Who I was always meant to be  by Chaz Bono
Trans/Love: Radical sex, love and relationships beyond the gender binary by Morty Diamond, Julia Serano, Shawna Virago, Sassfras Lowrey and Silas Howard.
Gender Born, Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender-Nonconforming Children by diane Ehrensaft and Edgardo Menvielle
Labor Of Love: The Story of One Man's extraordinary pregnancy by Thomas Beatie
Lucky Michaels: Shelter by Lucky michaels
Drag King Dreams by Leslie Feinberg]
Luna by Julie Anne Peters
Transgender Rights by Paisley Currah, Richard M Juang, and Shannon Price Minter
As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised As A Girl by John Colapinto
All She Wanted By Aphrodite Jones
FTM: Female To Male Transexuals in Society by Holly Devor, and Jamison Green


I could only find books on this subject released  dating back to 2004. For only being nine years there is plenty of books and more than what I listed all you have to do is check out the website I posted above along with amazon and ebay and you will find a ton.
If you know of any good ones I have not listed please comment them below

-Jaxon-

No comments:

Post a Comment